Kiss Them While They Sleep--#2



M'lord, thoughts of you cross my mind more frequently than anyone else I know.
Whenever I dream of you--and this is often--it seems you're lying right beside me. Should I happen to fall asleep on the wrong side of the bed, I 'wake with a start to the realization that I've 'put you out'. Then I look up, searching to find your face in the dark, knowing that it must be you standing on what should have been your side of the bed, because you're always there for me. Comforted by the sense of you presence I rolled over to claim my side of the bed with a whispered but heartfelt apology. Its as if neither you nor I know that we've never fallen asleep together.

Whenever I speak of you, I smile; because all my thoughts of you are happy thoughts. I even tell myself I can paint a picture of your smile without your being there. Despite your absence you fill my heart with joy.  In my mind, you're always larger than life, itself; but infinitely more profound.
There's so much more depth to your 'being-ness' I would need many lifetimes to unravel all the mysteries of you.
For now, I keep company with all the vibrant memories of each encounter I've had with you. All I can foresee is a future filled with pictures of perfect moments with you --my most intimate and infinite love. Until we meet again in person, and with time to spare, I will kiss you while you sleep- on your side of the bed.


Comments